Based on the feedback we’ve received, we’ve decided to drop the Google Adsense from the Public Whip website. Of the 52,142 advert views we had in just over a month, the income from the site was just £19.32 🙁 [these funds have been transferred to the new donation scheme].
However, we still need to raise funds to pay for the overhaul of Public Whip, so we’ve switch to using Pledgie and we’re asking for your help and your donations!
We’re hoping to raise £15,000 to redevelop Public Whip to include the following new features:
* Better security with coding standards code
* Faster site
* Better designed/easier to use
* “Tagging” of divisions to increase findability of related issues
* API for you to easily integrate Public Whip data into your own website
* Internationalisation (hopefully including MEP and local councillor support)
* Faster updates (taking feeds directly from Hansard with the ability to “live update” on important issues)
* Better search facilities
* Twitter updates
amongst other things. If you would like to make a donation, you can:
- Donate via Pledgie.
Payments are accepted by Paypal.
Donations via this method will cost us 6.4%+20p in total. “PAYPAL*PLEDGIE” will appear on your credit card statement.
- Donate via Paypal directly.
All major credit/debit cards accepted.
Donations via this method will cost us 3.4%+20p in total. “PAYPAL*BAIRWELL” will appear on your credit card statement
- Send us a cheque or postal order. These should be made payable to “Bairwell Ltd – Publicwhip fundraising” and sent to “Publicwhip, c/o Bairwell Ltd, 43 Haymakers Lane, Ashford, Kent, TN23 4GL”. Donations via this method will cost 75p
If you would like your donation to be anonymous, please let us know. If you would like to donate via some other method (credit/debit cards over the phone) please email team [at] publicwhip.org.uk . If you would like to pledge some time in helping re-write PublicWhip (which is MySQL/PHP based and will be using the Zend Framework), please again let us know – we’re hoping to be able to be able to do the rewrite in October/November time…